Please fill out ASAP
Due date is Thursday, November 3rd. Posters will be delivered after you submit this agreement securing your spot. Mugs and maps will be delivered by Friday, November 11th. Invoices go out after signup and are due by the crawl date.
Please take your time reading this form and filling it out, as it explains exactly what to expect and how to make your participation in the Steampunk Stroll a success!
A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CRAWL
Our Steampunk Stroll is returning to Reno for a third year and we’re signing up bars and restaurants right now. If you weren’t part of the festivities last year, you probably haven’t seen an event like this before! While we love our other crawls (Zombie Crawl, the Leprechaun Crawl), this one is very different.
First off, this is what we’re calling a “premium boutique” crawl. Whereas our other crawls emphasize $3 drink specials marketed to massive crowds, this event is focused more on premium specials, takes place in only 5-6 locations on a route, draws a more intimate niche crowd. This year we’re going all-out with really fancy commemorative mugs, professional performers and attractions in order to create an immersive experience for our participants and you to enjoy!
We’re planning on about 500-700 total participants and have 5-6 venues, so your venue will be busy but not obnoxiously so, and we’ll keep the crowds moving through at a comfortable pace. We don’t want to disrupt your regulars, we just want to put on a really, really fun event that ends up being a great night for your bar too. We’ve got pictures from last year below and there’s more info plus a video from last year’s stroll on our event page.
How it Works
- Crawlers will start at 8:00 pm
- Participants will have a sweet crawl mug and commemorative map showing all of our venues and their specials
- Maps will show each venue offering 3 or more specials to choose from and what spectacles to expect
- Throughout the night, a brass band, a bunch of stilt-walkers and improv actors, dancers and performers will be walking the crawl route to add to the experience and keep enticing people to your venue and the others on the map
- Spectacles like a steampunk tarot card reader, art cars and improv performances will be placed in interested participating venues
What you fill out on this form ends up on the map and in our marketing.
Here’s last year’s map, so that you can get an idea of some of the things we want to place within the different locations and how your bar can stand out. We’ll be bringing out performers, stilt walkers and art cars to place along the route along with tarot readers and other attractions to draw crawlers to the different locations. If your bar would like to host one of the featured attractions let us know and we’ll let you know what they require.
DON’T DO THE BARE MINIMUM
- OFFER GREAT SPECIALS: The number one thing they want is value. Offer more than the required specials and we’ll put them all on the map!
- HOST ENTERTAINMENT: The number two thing they want is entertainment. How will you offer something special?
- GIVE-AWAYS: Necklaces and shot glasses are great hits.
- HAVE A GREAT COSTUME CONTEST: Must have an enticing prize and you’ve GOT to be on time. Crawlers know which venues are known for this- or not.
- ENCOURAGE YOUR STAFF TO DRESS UP: that’s all part of making the event a more immersive experience
MARKET THE CRAWL
Bars who do a great job marketing get the most people on crawl night! After you fill out this form you’ll be taken to a page that lists our official Facebook events, images for you to download and tips to help with your online marketing.
- COMMUNICATE ON OUR EVENT: Post comments on the OFFICIAL EVENT PAGE often. Let them know what you’re doing and why to come to your bar on crawl night!
- INVITE PEOPLE TO OUR FACEBOOK EVENT: The more people get invited on there the better. Separate events are fine but they don’t have the reach ours does.
Read This: Terms and Conditions
By submitting this form, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Bars who violate these terms may not be invited to future events.
- DESIGNATED DRIVER BRACELETS: My venue will offer free sodas to crawlers with designated driver bracelets
- POSTER DISPLAY: My venue will keep 3 event posters in prominent places until after the event.
- SPECIALS: My venue will offer 3 different specials for crawlers. One must be a $2-off beer and one must be a $2-off cocktail. The third is whatever you want but it must be priced at $4. Old-Timey themes are encouraged. (You may also post other specials of varying prices as you wish.)
- CHECKING IDS: My venue will ID every patron at the door and at the bar in order to ensure that no minor enters my bar, or gets served.
- CRAWL DURATION: I understand the crawl lasts from 8:00 pm until my venue closes. We will be open for crawlers by 7pm and extend our specials to participants for the duration of the crawl or until we close.
- SPECIALS ARE FOR MUG HOLDING PARTICIPANTS ONLY: My venue will not extend specials to people without crawl mugs. Instead, we will sell them a cup or direct them to the start bar to purchase their mugs.
- NO COVER FOR CUP-HOLDING PARTICIPANTS: My venue will not charge crawl participants cover. Even if our venue has a cover on crawl night, we will not charge anyone who possesses a cup for this event.
- CLEANING UP: I will make sure the area around my venue is clean by the next morning.
- LINE MANAGEMENT: We will keep any lines of participants from spilling into the street.
- PROMOTING THE CRAWL: We will promote the crawl by posting to our Facebook friends, inviting our friends list to the crawl event and mentioning it on all of our social media accounts.
All inputs marked with an asterisk are mandatory