A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CRAWL
Our Steampunk Tavern Stroll is returning to Midtown for a second year and we’re signing up bars and restaurants right now. If you weren’t part of the festivities last year, you probably haven’t seen an event like this before! While we love our other crawls (Zombie Crawl, the Leprechaun Crawl), this one is very different and was one of our favorite events we put on last year.
First off, this is what we’re calling a “premium boutique” crawl. Whereas our other crawls emphasize $3 drink specials marketed to massive crowds, this event is focused more on premium specials, takes place in only 5-6 locations on a route, draws a more intimate niche crowd. This year we’re going all-out with really fancy commemorative cups, professional performers and attractions in order to create an immersive experience for our participants and you to enjoy!
We’re planning on about 4-500 total participants and have 6 venues, so your venue will be busy but not obnoxiously so, and we’ll keep the crowds moving through at a comfortable pace. We don’t want to disrupt your regulars, we just want to put on a really, really fun event that ends up being a great night for your bar too. We’ve got pictures from last year below and there’s more info plus a video from last year’s stroll on our event page.
How it Works
- Crawlers will start at 1864 Tavern at 8:00 pm
- Participants will have a super-cool steel crawl cup and commemorative map showing all 6 venues and their specials
- Maps will show each venue offering 3 or more specials to choose from and what spectacles to expect
- Each 45 minutes, a brass band, a bunch of stilt-walkers and improv actors, dancers and performers will take a group to the next venue on the crawl creating an impromtu sidewalk parade
- Spectacles like a steampunk tarot card reader, art cars and improv performances will be placed in interested participating venues
The event is the afterparty for the Steampunk Expo held April 18th-19th at the Livestock Events Center and any participating venue that is a restaurant will have the option of being referred as a dinner destination before the crawl starts.
Photos from last year’s event
Want to participate in this super fun night?
If your bar would like to be included, please read through the following info and fill out the form below ASAP, agreeing to our terms and price of the event. In order to offset the participation fee you will receive a number of crawl cups you can sell, you will also receive posters and flyers and your participation will be announced on the Crawl Reno blog and social media properties. We put these events on to entertain the public but also in order to showcase our city’s awesome nighttime venues!
Once you’re approved we’ll invoice you and keep you updated on all of the important dates and developments and opportunities to promote your bar!
Read This: Terms and Conditions
By submitting this form, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Bars who violate these terms may not be invited to future events.
- POSTER DISPLAY: My venue will keep 3 event posters in prominent places until after the event.
- SPECIALS: My venue will offer 3 different specials for crawlers. One must be a $2-off beer and one must be a $2-off cocktail. The third is whatever you want but it must be priced at $4. Old-Timey themes are encouraged. (You may also post other specials of varying prices as you wish.)
- CHECKING IDS: My venue will ID every patron we serve in order to ensure that no minors gets served.
- CRAWL DURATION: I understand the crawl lasts from 8:00 pm to close. We will be ready open and ready to serve by 7:30 pm.
- SPECIALS ARE FOR CUP HOLDING PARTICIPANTS ONLY: My venue will not extend specials to people without crawl cups. Instead, we will sell them a cup or direct them to a start bar to purchase their cups.
- CLEANING UP: I will make sure the area around my venue is clean by the next morning.
- PROMOTING THE CRAWL: We will promote the crawl by posting to our Facebook friends, inviting our friends list to the crawl event and mentioning it on all of our social media accounts.