THE DARK MASQUERADE
Last year we moved the Reno Vampire Crawl (now in it’s 7th year with a dedicated 600-900 participants) to May to work with the haunted house conference HauntX, and this year we’re doing it again, AND we’re adding a theme to the crawl for the first time ever: The Dark Masquerade. Our plan with this theme is to turn the night not just Vampire-themed but dark and mysterious in general, giving people more options for costumes.
In addition to adding a theme, we have decided to keep this a casino crawl- meaning as long as we have enough interest within the TriProp properties we can promote this as the perfect event to the HauntX folks, we can also promote that people will be able to stay in the property and not worry about open container, AND can just pop right upstairs when they’re done crawling and take advantage of our discount hotel rooms.
We will not only be selling cups at our start table but also vampire teeth and masks, so that passers by will be more enticed to join the crawl= instant costume!
Want to participate in this super fun night?
If your bar would like to be included, please read through the following info and fill out the form below ASAP, agreeing to our terms and price of the event. In order to offset the participation fee you will receive a number of crawl cups you can sell, you will also receive posters and flyers and your participation will be announced on the Crawl Reno blog and social media properties.
Help Create the Dark Masquerade Experience
Please think about what special things your venues can do to help the crawl participants feel like they’ve been transported to a “Dark Masquerade.” Dark or vampy go-go dancers, costumed bartenders, and dark decor all help. If you have anything you’ve used for Halloween parties stored away somewhere, crawl night will be a GREAT time to pull it all out!
Once you’re approved we’ll invoice you and keep you updated on all of the important dates and developments and opportunities to promote your bar!
Read This: Terms and Conditions
By submitting this form, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Bars who violate these terms may not be invited to future events.
- POSTER DISPLAY: My venue will keep 3 event posters in prominent places until after the event. I also agree to display other Crawl Reno posters and calendars regardless of whether you are on every crawl.
- SPECIALS: My venue will offer at least one $3 beer special and one $3 drink special to participants. You may also post other specials of varying prices as you wish.
- CHECKING IDS: My venue will ID every patron at the door and at the bar in order to ensure that no minor enters my bar, or gets served.
- CRAWL DURATION: I understand the crawl lasts from 8:00 pm to 6:00 am or when my venue closes. We will extend our specials to participants for the duration of the crawl or until we close.
- SPECIALS ARE FOR CUP HOLDING PARTICIPANTS ONLY: My venue will not extend specials to people without crawl cups. Instead, we will sell them a cup or direct them to a start bar to purchase their cups.
- NO COVER FOR CUP-HOLDING PARTICIPANTS: My venue will not charge crawl participants cover. Even if our venue has a cover that night, we will not charge anyone who possesses a cup for this event.
- CLEANING UP: I will make sure the area around my venue is clean by the next morning.
- LINE MANAGEMENT: We will keep any lines of participants from spilling into the street.
- PROMOTING THE CRAWL: We will promote the crawl by posting to our Facebook friends, inviting our friends list to the crawl event and mentioning it on all of our social media accounts.