READ CAREFULLY & FILL OUT ASAP
Our first ever Very Potter Crawl is coming Saturday September 22nd!
THE DEADLINE to fill this form out is Wednesday August 29th.
This is the first time we’ve had a Harry Potter themed event, and the reaction online has been fantastic. We’ve got lots of RSVPs and the responses we’ve seen so far are extremely positive.
ABOUT HARRY POTTER & HOW THIS CRAWL IS UNIQUE
If you’re not familiar with the franchize, it takes place at a wizarding school called Hogwarts, and there are four different “houses” within the school represented by four different color schemes. Each house has its own personality with some being known for virtue and some being known for being cunning. We will have four different colored cups to represent the different schools, and we’re selling replicas of the magic wants featured in the movies. So far online sales indicate this will be well attended.
JUST FOR THIS CRAWL: TUACA “BUTTERBEER SPECIALS”
Tuaca is the sponsor for this crawl, and they’re running a contest for best “Butterbeer” shot or cocktail. Your Butterbeer special will be highlighted on the map and there will be a contest for the best one, voted on by crawlers.
WHAT IS BUTTERBEER?
Butterbeer is a fictional drink in the Harry Potter books. It’s described as an “alcoholic, “foaming mug” that tastes “a little bit like less-sickly butterscotch.” The official version of it that sells at Universal Studios is described as tasting like cream soda with a little butterscotch aftertaste.
Most of the butterbeer creations we’ve experienced have tasted like vanilla (either liquor or cream soda), so that’s why Tuaca works great.
Since it’s fictional and it’s only vaguely described you can do whatever you want & the Harry Potter fans will go bonkers for it. You could make it a shot or make a punch or make a cocktail. Whatever works, just use Tuaca in it and give it your own flair.
Each bar on the crawl is receiving a bottle of Tuaca to experiment with or use however you’d like. If you bar hasn’t received one yet please let us know.
Price it however you like!
SIGNING UP GETS YOU
- A spot in the crawl!
- Listed on our website (4-5,500 visitors a month)
- An official announcement on our Facebook page listing your involvement (over 17,000 fans)
- Cups and maps to sell to make back a portion of your participation fee (delivered before Friday, 8/31)
WHAT WILL YOUR BAR ADD TO THE EVENT?
WORKING WITH THE THEME
This is essential to making the event memorable and getting on the crawlers’ radar! Bars who get the most attention on crawl night do things like:
- Offer great specials that attract crawlers
- Decorate your venue to create an immersive experience
- Have staff and entertainment dress up
- Use the theme for costume contests
- Set up a makeup station for crawlers to get made up
MARKET THE CRAWL
In addition to reaching out to your email lists and social media, our official Facebook event is an extremely powerful tool.
- PROMINENTLY DISPLAY OUR POSTERS
- POST ON OUR OFFICIAL EVENT: This is the best place to find our community and let them know why to hit up your bar on crawl night!
- INVITE PEOPLE TO OUR FACEBOOK EVENT: The more people get invited the better
- ADD OUR OFFICIAL EVENT TO YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE: You will be forwarded to a page containing instructions after you submit this form
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Every single one of our terms and conditions are very important. By submitting this form, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Bars who violate these terms may not be invited to future events.
- CRAWL DURATION: I understand the crawl lasts from 8:00 pm to 6:00 am or when my venue closes. We will be open for crawlers by 7pm and extend our specials to participants for the duration of the crawl or until we close.
- SPECIALS: My venue will offer at least one $4 beer special, one $4 drink special and one Craft Special to participants. (You may also post other specials of varying prices as you wish.)
- CHECKING IDS: My venue will ID every patron at the door and at the bar in order to ensure that no minor enters my bar, or gets served.
- RED DESIGNATED DRIVER BRACELETS: My venue will offer free sodas to crawlers with designated driver bracelets
- RED OPEN CONTAINER BARRELS: My venue will put our red open container barrel by our front door (if you’ve never received one we will provide one)
- HONOR PRESS/VOLUNTEER PASSES: (Crawl Reno prints a small amount of passes for our photographers and volunteers to be able to skip lines.) My venue will honor those.
- POSTER DISPLAY: My venue will keep 3 event posters in prominent places until after the event. I also agree to display other Crawl Reno posters and calendars regardless of whether you are on every crawl.
- SPECIALS ARE FOR CUP HOLDING PARTICIPANTS ONLY: My venue will not extend specials to people without crawl cups. Instead, we will sell them a cup or direct them to a start bar to purchase their cups.
- NO COVER FOR CUP-HOLDING PARTICIPANTS: My venue will not charge crawl participants cover. Even if our venue has a cover on crawl night, we will not charge anyone who possesses a cup for this event.
- CLEANING UP: I will make sure the area around my venue is clean by the next morning.
- LINE MANAGEMENT: We will keep any lines of participants from spilling into the street.
- PROMOTING THE CRAWL: We will promote the crawl by posting to our Facebook friends, inviting our friends list to the crawl event and mentioning it on all of our social media accounts.
All inputs marked with an asterisk are mandatory
Participation Fee for your Venue: ONLY $200
You will receive 15 Crawl cups you can sell for $5 a piece to make back $75