READ CAREFULLY & FILL OUT ASAP
The 9th Annual Reno Pirate Crawl is coming Sat, Aug 18th!
DEADLINE TO REGISTER YOUR BAR: Wednesday, July 5th. Don’t delay though- last year we filled up 90% of our spots in 4 days.
Also remember: we now ask for one craft special (craft beer or cocktail priced higher than $3). This gives you a chance to offer another more expensive drink that will be shown on the map and also keeps up with the trends crawlers have been asking for.
PICS FROM LAST YEAR
- We’re bringing back the collectable pirate beads for you to hand out to crawlers!
- We’ve got more pirate encampments planned
- We’ve already got over 1,200 total RSVPs on Facebook!
- Craft Special: We’ve added a new special- either a craft beer or cocktail that you can offer at whatever price you want!
SIGNING UP GETS YOU
- Listed on this year’s official posters (we’ve had teasers out for months, though!)
- Listed on our website (3-5,000 visitors a month)
- An official announcement on our Facebook page listing your involvement (over 15,000 fans)
- Cups to sell to make back a portion of your participation fee (delivered by Friday, July 14th)
NOTE: due to size and number of venues, we must limit to two bars per multi-bar venue.
LAST YEAR’S MAP
WHAT WILL YOUR BAR ADD TO THE EVENT?
WORKING WITH THE THEME
This is essential to making the event memorable and getting on the crawlers’ radar! Bars who get the most attention on crawl night do things like:
- Offer great specials that attract crawlers
- Decorate your venue to create an immersive experience
- Have staff and entertainment dress up
- Use the theme for costume contests
- Set up a makeup station for crawlers to get made up
- Rum drinks & punches
- Mead or Grog could make great craft cocktails!
- Pirate-branded products like Pyrat, Kraken or Captain Morgan
- Decorate your bar like a pirate ship
- Pirate flags
- Hire a pirate band to play! (The Pirates Charles is one but there’s plenty out there)
- Have your DJ play a few pirate songs or dress up like a pirate
- Pirate go-go dancers
- Create a playlist of pirate songs
- Anything with a skull & crossbones on it
HOW TO MARKET THE CRAWL
In addition to reaching out to your email lists and social media, our official Facebook event is an extremely powerful tool.
- PROMINENTLY DISPLAY OUR POSTERS
- POST ON OUR OFFICIAL EVENT: This is the best place to find our community and let them know why to hit up your bar on crawl night!
- INVITE PEOPLE TO OUR FACEBOOK EVENT: The more people get invited the better
- ADD OUR OFFICIAL EVENT TO YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE: You will be forwarded to a page containing instructions after you submit this form
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Every single one of our terms and conditions are very important. By submitting this form, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Bars who violate these terms may not be invited to future events.
- CRAWL DURATION: I understand the crawl lasts from 8:00 pm to 6:00 am or when my venue closes. We will be open for crawlers by 7pm and extend our specials to participants for the duration of the crawl or until we close.
- SPECIALS: My venue will offer at least one $3 beer special, one $3 drink special and one Premium Special priced $5 or more to participants. (You may also post other specials of varying prices as you wish.)
- CHECKING IDS: My venue will ID every patron at the door and at the bar in order to ensure that no minor enters my bar, or gets served.
- RED DESIGNATED DRIVER BRACELETS: My venue will offer free sodas to crawlers with designated driver bracelets
- RED OPEN CONTAINER BARRELS: My venue will put our red open container barrel by our front door (if you’ve never received one we will provide one)
- HONOR PRESS/VOLUNTEER PASSES: (Crawl Reno prints a small amount of passes for our photographers and volunteers to be able to skip lines.) My venue will honor those.
- POSTER DISPLAY: My venue will keep 3 event posters in prominent places until after the event. I also agree to display other Crawl Reno posters and calendars regardless of whether you are on every crawl.
- SPECIALS ARE FOR CUP HOLDING PARTICIPANTS ONLY: My venue will not extend specials to people without crawl cups. Instead, we will sell them a cup or direct them to a start bar to purchase their cups.
- NO COVER FOR CUP-HOLDING PARTICIPANTS: My venue will not charge crawl participants cover. Even if our venue has a cover on crawl night, we will not charge anyone who possesses a cup for this event.
- CLEANING UP: I will make sure the area around my venue is clean by the next morning.
- LINE MANAGEMENT: We will keep any lines of participants from spilling into the street.
- PROMOTING THE CRAWL: We will promote the crawl by posting to our Facebook friends, inviting our friends list to the crawl event and mentioning it on all of our social media accounts.
All inputs marked with an asterisk are mandatory
PARTICIPATION FEE FOR YOUR VENUE: ONLY $250
You will receive 20 Crawl cups you can sell for $5 a piece to make back $100
Note: your participation fee also includes 100 sets of unique pirate necklaces that crawlers will show up to collect!