READ CAREFULLY & FILL OUT ASAP
The Epic Crawl is coming June 3rd! This is our Sci-Fi/Fantasy crawl we started last Spring that drew nearly 1,500 participants despite the unseasonably cold weather. We moved it nearly a month later this year so we won’t have that to worry about.
The Epic Crawl is a combination of all the stuff people love about costuming and fan conventions, so there’s a ton of themes to choose from (listed below).
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION: Monday, April 17th
- We’re expecting at least 1,500-2,000 participants
- We’re bringing back the massive lightsaber battle
- The event will be part of Reno Craft Beer Week
- We are combining our Steampunk Stroll and Pokécrawl into this one, drawing all of those crawlers as well
- We’re soliciting popular “Cosplay” stars and comic artists to join us and draw crowds
SIGNING UP GETS YOU
- Listed on this year’s official posters coming by the beginning of May (we’ve had teasers out for months!)
- Listed on our website (3-5,000 visitors a month)
- An official announcement on our Facebook page listing your involvement (over 14,000 fans)
- Cups and maps to sell to make back a portion of your participation fee (delivered by May 1st)
NOTE: due to size and number of venues, we must limit to one bar per multi-bar venue.
WHAT TO EXPECT
PHOTOS FROM LAST YEAR
LAST YEAR’S MAP
WHAT WILL YOUR BAR ADD TO THE EVENT?
Here are great examples of what’s popular right now in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy fanbase and our crawler community:
- MOVIES & TV
- Game of Thrones
- Marvel & DC characters (Avengers, Spiderman, Logan/Wolverine, Deadpool)
- Ninja Turtles
- VIDEO GAMES
- Mario Brothers
- FANTASY & SCI-FI
WORKING WITH THE THEME
This is essential to making the event memorable and getting on the crawlers’ radar!
- Decorate your venue
- Have staff and entertainment dress up
- Name a shot or punch after your theme
- Use the theme for costume contests
- Set up a makeup station!
HOW TO MARKET THE CRAWL
In addition to reaching out to your email lists and social media, our official Facebook event is an extremely powerful tool.
- PROMINENTLY DISPLAY OUR POSTERS
- POST ON OUR OFFICIAL EVENT: This is the best place to find our community and let them know why to hit up your bar on crawl night!
- INVITE PEOPLE TO OUR FACEBOOK EVENT: The more people get invited the better
- ADD OUR OFFICIAL EVENT TO YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE: You will be forwarded to a page containing instructions after you submit this form
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Every single one of our terms and conditions are very important. By submitting this form, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Bars who violate these terms may not be invited to future events.
- CRAWL DURATION: I understand the crawl lasts from 8:00 pm to 6:00 am or when my venue closes. We will be open for crawlers by 7pm and extend our specials to participants for the duration of the crawl or until we close.
- SPECIALS: My venue will offer at least one $3 beer special, one $3 drink special and one Premium Special priced $5 or more to participants. (You may also post other specials of varying prices as you wish.)
- CHECKING IDS: My venue will ID every patron at the door and at the bar in order to ensure that no minor enters my bar, or gets served.
- RED DESIGNATED DRIVER BRACELETS: My venue will offer free sodas to crawlers with designated driver bracelets
- RED OPEN CONTAINER BARRELS: My venue will put our red open container barrel by our front door (if you’ve never received one we will provide one)
- HONOR PRESS/VOLUNTEER PASSES: (Crawl Reno prints a small amount of passes for our photographers and volunteers to be able to skip lines.) My venue will honor those.
- POSTER DISPLAY: My venue will keep 3 event posters in prominent places until after the event. I also agree to display other Crawl Reno posters and calendars regardless of whether you are on every crawl.
- SPECIALS ARE FOR CUP HOLDING PARTICIPANTS ONLY: My venue will not extend specials to people without crawl cups. Instead, we will sell them a cup or direct them to a start bar to purchase their cups.
- NO COVER FOR CUP-HOLDING PARTICIPANTS: My venue will not charge crawl participants cover. Even if our venue has a cover on crawl night, we will not charge anyone who possesses a cup for this event.
- CLEANING UP: I will make sure the area around my venue is clean by the next morning.
- LINE MANAGEMENT: We will keep any lines of participants from spilling into the street.
- PROMOTING THE CRAWL: We will promote the crawl by posting to our Facebook friends, inviting our friends list to the crawl event and mentioning it on all of our social media accounts.
All inputs marked with an asterisk are mandatory
PARTICIPATION FEE FOR YOUR VENUE: ONLY $200
You will receive 15 Crawl cups you can sell for $5 a piece to make back $75