READ CAREFULLY & FILL OUT ASAP
It’s time for the biggest night of the year! The Reno Zombie Crawl is returning on Saturday, October 22nd with about 15,000 reasons to sign up!
Due date is Monday, September 26th! Posters will be delivered after you sign this agreement securing your spot. Cups and Maps will be delivered by Friday, September 30th.
This year’s Theme: Rise of the Survivors
We’re starting a new thing from now on and giving all of our events from here on out themes! We’re hoping that this will allow for each year to seem fresh and give us all ideas for costumes, decorations and features for the crawls too!
This year’s theme, Rise of the Survivors also has a bit of a back story. The idea is that we’re nine years into the Zombie Apocalypse and Reno is the last city left because we never ran out of booze! 🙂 We’ve got some amazing posters we’re announcing next week that you’re going to love.
Here are some ideas for ways you could incorporate the theme:
- Have your band or DJs dress up as survivors or zombies
- Anything referencing walking dead – The new season starts the day after the crawl!
- Decoration/Theme Ideas
- Survivors Hiding Spot: put up caution tape and posters saying “Alive in Here” or “Send Help”
- Survivors Triage: dress up like nurses and doctors and put up some fake IV bags to look like a hospital unit
This year’s crawl sponsors include Bacardi and Red Bull. We encourage you to consider adding specials containing them in your submitted specials. Thanks!
Designated Driver Bracelets
In order to support designated drivers, earlier this year we added red DD bracelets for crawlers to pick up at our cup tables. These bracelets, as you will notice in the agreement below, allow wearers to free sodas at your stop during the crawl. We have also added an area in the form for you to announce any other perks you want to reward DDs with. They keep our event safe, so let’s make sure they feel the love! DD perks will be listed on the map.
HOW TO GET FEATURED ON THE MAP
We’d love to feature your spot! Just offer things that stand out above what’s required (like cool give-aways, costume contests with great prizes or themed entertainment.)
Entertainment and Value
The City and the Reno Sparks Convention and Visitors Bureau sponsored a study of event attendants this year and discovered that the TWO MAIN things that draw people to particular events are:
- Value: they want to know they’re saving money or getting a lot for their buck
- Entertainment: they want to see something cool
We think this is why so many people come out to the crawls- they get to see and be a part of something great and take part in one of the most entertaining nights of the year! Also, they know that because every bar will have $3 specials (and others) that their dollars will go further than on a regular night! When you’re thinking of what will draw people to your bar, think of those two things: how entertaining do our features seem? and how much value do crawlers see in our specials?
What you fill out on this form ends up on the map and in our marketing. Here’s a basic idea of how the maps get laid out:
DON’T DO THE BARE MINIMUM
- OFFER GREAT SPECIALS: The number one thing they want is value. You’re required to offer two $3 specials but you can add additional specials of all kinds.
- HOST ENTERTAINMENT: The number two thing they want is entertainment. How will you offer something special?
- GIVE-AWAYS: detailed above.
- HAVE A GREAT CONTEST: Must have an enticing prize and you’ve GOT to be on time. Crawlers know which venues are known for this- or not.
- MAKE SURE YOUR STAFF DRESSES UP: that’s all part of making the event a more immersive experience
MARKET THE CRAWL
Bars who do a great job marketing get the most people on crawl night! After you fill out this form you’ll be taken to a page that lists our official Facebook events, images for you to download and tips to help with your online marketing.
- COMMUNICATE ON OUR EVENT: Post comments on the OFFICIAL EVENT PAGE often. Let them know what you’re doing and why to come to your bar on crawl night!
- INVITE PEOPLE TO OUR FACEBOOK EVENT: The more people get invited on there the better. Separate events are fine but they don’t have the reach ours does.
- ADD OUR OFFICIAL EVENT TO YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE: You will be forwarded to a page containing instructions after you submit this form
Read This: Terms and Conditions
Every single one of our terms and conditions are very important. By submitting this form, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Bars who violate these terms may not be invited to future events.
- CRAWL DURATION: I understand the crawl lasts from 8:00 pm to 6:00 am or when my venue closes. We will be open for crawlers by 7pm and extend our specials to participants for the duration of the crawl or until we close.
- SPECIALS: My venue will offer at least one $3 beer special and one $3 drink special to participants. (You may also post other specials of varying prices as you wish.)
- CHECKING IDS: My venue will ID every patron at the door and at the bar in order to ensure that no minor enters my bar, or gets served.
- DESIGNATED DRIVER BRACELETS: My venue will offer free sodas to crawlers with designated driver bracelets
- RED OPEN CONTAINER BARRELS: My venue will put our red open container barrel by our front door (if you’ve never received one we will provide one)
- HONOR PRESS/VOLUNTEER PASSES: (Crawl Reno prints a small amount of passes for our photographers and volunteers to be able to skip lines.) My venue will honor those.
- POSTER DISPLAY: My venue will keep 3 event posters in prominent places until after the event. I also agree to display other Crawl Reno posters and calendars regardless of whether you are on every crawl.
- SPECIALS ARE FOR CUP HOLDING PARTICIPANTS ONLY: My venue will not extend specials to people without crawl cups. Instead, we will sell them a cup or direct them to a start bar to purchase their cups.
- NO COVER FOR CUP-HOLDING PARTICIPANTS: My venue will not charge crawl participants cover. Even if our venue has a cover on crawl night, we will not charge anyone who possesses a cup for this event.
- CLEANING UP: I will make sure the area around my venue is clean by the next morning.
- LINE MANAGEMENT: We will keep any lines of participants from spilling into the street.
- PROMOTING THE CRAWL: We will promote the crawl by posting to our Facebook friends, inviting our friends list to the crawl event and mentioning it on all of our social media accounts.
All inputs marked with an asterisk are mandatory
Participation Fee for your Venue: $250
You will receive 25 Crawl cups you can sell for $5 a piece to make back $125