READ CAREFULLY & FILL OUT ASAP
Event Date: Saturday, March 11th
Due Date to Sign Up: Monday, February 13th
This will be the 5th year of the event and it’s quickly catching up with the other largest bar crawls in Reno like the Zombie Crawl. This year we’re planning on at least 6,000 crawlers and preparing for more!
We’re only letting 30 bars on (same as last year) so don’t delay.
Once you sign up, you will get:
- Listed on this year’s official posters
- Listed on our website (3-5,000 visitors a month)
- Post on our Facebook page listing your involvement (over 14,000 fans)
- Cups and maps to sell to make back a portion of your participation fee (delivered Friday, 2/18)
GETTING FEATURED ON THE MAP
LAST YEAR’S MAP
1. VALUE & ENTERTAINMENT
The City and the Reno Sparks Convention and Visitors Bureau sponsored a study of event attendants this year and discovered that TWO MAIN things draw people to Reno events:
- Value: they want to know they’re saving money or getting a lot for their buck
- Entertainment: they want to see something cool
2. WHAT CRAWLERS HAVE ASKED FOR
In our annual survey this year, crawlers were asked how they’d like to see the crawls improve and they wanted:
- WORKING WITH THE THEME: Crawlers want every bar to reflect the theme of the crawl
- MORE THEMED DRINK & BEER SPECIALS: They aren’t very attracted to drinks they haven’t heard of.
- CONSISTENCY: They complain if you don’t honor your contest or specials listed on the map
- COOL SPECIALS: That’s why we’ve added one premium special that you price however you want
3. STAND OUT FROM THE PACK
This year lets wow our crawlers even more than we ever have before! The more you get into the event the more we’ll promote your venue!
- OFFER GREAT SPECIALS: The number one thing they want is value.
- HOST ENTERTAINMENT: Live bands, performers, costumed attractions to take pictures with, etct…
- GIVE-AWAYS: They LOVE to collect stuff! Shot glasses, necklaces, etc…
- MAKE SURE YOUR STAFF DRESSES UP: that’s all part of making the event a more immersive experience
4. WORK WITH THE THEME
You’re all experts at working with a St. Patrick’s day theme, so let us know how you’ll be doing it and we’ll add the cool stuff to the featured section of the map!
- TRADITIONAL ST. PATRICK’S DRINKS:
- IRISH ENTERTAINMENT
- GREEN GIVE-AWAYS
- ST. PATRICK’S DAY COSTUMES FOR STAFF
5. MARKET THE CRAWL
Bars who do a great job marketing get the most people on crawl night!
- COMMUNICATE ON OUR EVENT: Post comments on the OFFICIAL EVENT PAGE often. Let them know what you’re doing and why to come to your bar on crawl night!
- INVITE PEOPLE TO OUR FACEBOOK EVENT: The more people get invited on there the better. Separate events are fine but they don’t have the reach ours does.
- ADD OUR OFFICIAL EVENT TO YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE: You will be forwarded to a page containing instructions after you submit this form
6. PROVIDE SOMETHING EXTRA FOR DD’S
In order to support Designated Drivers, we ask you in the terms and conditions to offer DDs with official bracelets pictured above free sodas. You can get extra attention on the map by offering something else in addition.
Read This: Terms and Conditions
Every single one of our terms and conditions are very important. By submitting this form, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Bars who violate these terms may not be invited to future events.
- CRAWL DURATION: I understand the crawl lasts from 8:00 pm to 6:00 am or when my venue closes. We will be open for crawlers by 7pm and extend our specials to participants for the duration of the crawl or until we close.
- SPECIALS: My venue will offer at least one $3 beer special, one $3 drink special and one Premium Special priced $5 or more to participants. (You may also post other specials of varying prices as you wish.)
- CHECKING IDS: My venue will ID every patron at the door and at the bar in order to ensure that no minor enters my bar, or gets served.
- DESIGNATED DRIVER BRACELETS: My venue will offer free sodas to crawlers with designated driver bracelets
- RED OPEN CONTAINER BARRELS: My venue will put our red open container barrel by our front door (if you’ve never received one we will provide one)
- HONOR PRESS/VOLUNTEER PASSES: (Crawl Reno prints a small amount of passes for our photographers and volunteers to be able to skip lines.) My venue will honor those.
- POSTER DISPLAY: My venue will keep 3 event posters in prominent places until after the event. I also agree to display other Crawl Reno posters and calendars regardless of whether you are on every crawl.
- SPECIALS ARE FOR CUP HOLDING PARTICIPANTS ONLY: My venue will not extend specials to people without crawl cups. Instead, we will sell them a cup or direct them to a start bar to purchase their cups.
- NO COVER FOR CUP-HOLDING PARTICIPANTS: My venue will not charge crawl participants cover. Even if our venue has a cover on crawl night, we will not charge anyone who possesses a cup for this event.
- CLEANING UP: I will make sure the area around my venue is clean by the next morning.
- LINE MANAGEMENT: We will keep any lines of participants from spilling into the street.
- PROMOTING THE CRAWL: We will promote the crawl by posting to our Facebook friends, inviting our friends list to the crawl event and mentioning it on all of our social media accounts.
All inputs marked with an asterisk are mandatory