They’re coming for you!
Here’s the agreement for the 2015 Zombie Crawl, being held on Saturday, October 24th! We’re expecting more than 15,000 participants this year and being an official stop is the first step to bringing them to you your bar! We’ll provide you with plenty of promotion from now until crawl night, as well as tips and tricks about what works best so you can have an AWESOME night!
Form Deadline: Monday, September 28th at noon
This is a HARD deadline. If we don’t have your information by then we won’t be able to put you on the crawl.
By filling this out you agree to the terms for the event. The info you give us will go on our map and website to describe your venue and attract crawlers! If your bar would like to be included, please read through the following info and fill out the form below ASAP, agreeing to our terms. Once you’re approved we’ll invoice you and keep you updated on all of the important dates and opportunities to promote your bar! Payment is due by October 10th.
For the first time ever, we have teamed up with Bacardi and Cazadores to develop a new way to bring MORE zombies to your bar and get you a free bottle of booze. We are hosting a “Selfie Scavenger Hunt” on crawl night AND in the weeks leading up to the crawl. In order for people to enter, they will need to go into the bars who are on the promotion and take a selfie. You won’t have to do anything and this will bring you more people in your door!
How the promo works
We’ve been creating these scavenger hunts as new features for crawl participants and as a way to train crawlers to try out more bars on crawl night, and would really like it if every bar opted into this promotion, so we’ve tried to tailor it in an attractive way. We’re putting together more than $1,000.00 in prizes for the winners so there’s plenty of reason for people to join the contest. Here’s how to participate:
- In the form below, indicate that your bar would like to participate
- Once you click yes, we will ask for an extra drink special made from either Bacardi Tangerine, Bacardi Oakheart or any Cazadores Tequila
- You agree to purchase 6 bottles and get an extra of your choice free. The bottles can be any mix of the Bacardi and Cazadores families of spirits.
- A sales rep will follow up with you to take care of the order – it’s the rep’s responsibility to follow up, so you don’t have to
What you get from the promo
You will be listed on the ZOMBACARDI hunt all through October on the crawl maps and online. You’ll have more people in your doors all month, not just on crawl night, but ESPECIALLY on crawl night! Plus, you’ll see a ton of traffic online as people submit their selfies through social media and tag themselves at your location. We encourage every bar to enter the promo if at all possible. Thank you!
What else is new?
- This year’s cups are glow in the dark! That gives lots of great ideas to work with like blacklights to make the cups & costumes glow…
- Earlier Maps! Cups AND MAPS will be delivered on Friday, October 2nd so you have almost a full month to sell cups with maps! This has made it much easier to sell cups and promote your involvement!
- Posters and flyers will be delivered once you fill out the agreement so you have six weeks to promote your involvement!
- If you are filling this out for a multiple-bar venue, please choose the number of bars and the form will adjust so you only have to fill it out ONCE!
- Not ready to answer everything right now? Under the submit button there’s an option to save the form and continue it later (does not work on phones)
If your venue wants to stand out, think of something compelling we can tell crawlers like hosting a great contest, providing cool give-aways, coming up with an activity crawlers would like to do or watch, etc.
We’ve had bar owners ask us for suggestions to help succeed on crawl night. We have talked to our community and have their suggestions, along with our own for how to draw the most crawlers:
- Suggested Extras: Have fun with the zombie theme- decorating your establishment, coming up with fun give-aways, photo booths or makeup artists are all great ideas
- Have a black light party: glow in the dark cups look awesome under black lights, so install some and let crawlers know
- Costume Contests: We strongly encourage you to host a contest- crawlers love to win or just watch
- Promote your involvement: hang our posters, email your customers, post about your involvement in the event on Facebook. The earlier the better!
- Engage with the crawlers via our Facebook Page or the Facebook Event – you’ll find links on our marketing page you’ll be taken to after filling out this form.
- Join the hunt: our Zombacardi selfie scavenger hunt is going to bring lots of crawlers to bars that participate in the promotion- we recommend taking part!
Read This: Terms and Conditions
By submitting this form, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Bars who violate these terms may not be invited to future events:
- PROMOTING THE CRAWL: We will promote the crawl by posting to our Facebook friends, inviting our friends list to the crawl event and mentioning it on all of our social media accounts.
- POSTER DISPLAY: My venue will keep 3 event posters in prominent places until after the event. I also agree to display other Crawl Reno posters and calendars regardless of whether you are on every crawl.
- OPEN CONTAINER BARREL: My venue will post the provided open container barrel by our door and require anyone leaving to dump any non-crawl cups in it. We will also make sure no one comes in or out of our establishment with liquid in their crawl cup, to the best of our ability.
- SPECIALS: My venue will offer at least one $3 beer special and one $3 drink special to participants. (You may also post other specials of varying prices as you wish.)
- CHECKING IDS: My venue will ID every patron at the door and at the bar in order to ensure that no minor enters my bar, or gets served.
- CRAWL DURATION: I understand the crawl lasts from 8:00 pm to 6:00 am or when my venue closes. We will extend our specials to participants for the duration of the crawl or until we close.
- SPECIALS ARE FOR CUP HOLDING PARTICIPANTS ONLY: My venue will not extend specials to people without crawl cups. Instead, we will sell them a cup or direct them to a start bar to purchase their cups.
- NO COVER FOR CUP-HOLDING PARTICIPANTS: My venue will not charge crawl participants cover. Even if our venue has a cover that night, we will not charge anyone who possesses a cup for this event.
- CLEANING UP: I will make sure the area around my venue is clean by the next morning.
- LINE MANAGEMENT: We will keep any lines of participants from spilling into the street.