ST. PATRICK’S DAY THEMED COSTUMED 5K FUN RUN
Grab your green gear, your leprechaun hat, those green and white striped socks you can only wear in March and join us for the 5th Annual Shamrock Shuffle & After party on Victorian Square in Sparks, NV!
Enjoy great music, green-themed aid station, hilarious course markers and tons and tons of wacky costumes for a 5k fun run through downtown. Afterward, grab a free beer at our rockin’ after party where we’ll have costume competitions, a photo booth to capture your costume and freebies for all finishers!
Pics from Last year:
INCLUDED IN REGISTRATION:
Shamrock Shuffle Pint Glass & Green Beer
Glasses and beer for runners 21 and over. Green beer served immediately after the run at our after-party at O’Skis pub!
SHAMROCK SHUFFLE BRACELETS
Bracelets for runners under 21- they shouldn’t miss out on the fun!
- Snacks from Nature’s Bakery, fruit from Sam’s Club & cool-down station from Blue Dot Water!
- Costume Contests with trophies!
- Shamrock Shuffle Irish after-party at Oski’s!
- Shamrock Shuffle photo booth!
- A super fun decorated route through Sparks starting and finishing on Victorian Square!
- A chance to ride on the 39North’s Engine39 Electric Train!
- Add-on a race shirt for only $12 (Register by February 17th!)
- Spaghetti Feed at O’Skis for Packet Pickup!
- $5 Irish Coffees at O’Skis offered to runners before the run!
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Male and Female
- Best Costume
- Best Team Costume (4 or more)
- Best Youth Costume (12 & Under)
- Best Dog Costume
FUN RUN COURSE
- Start on Victorian Ave off Pyramid
- Head West & Turn Right at 16th St
- Turn right at C & Left on Victorian Plz
- TURN LEFT on 12th & Right on f St
- TURN Right on 13th & right on f ST
- Go all the way to 9th ST & turn Right
- Right on D ST & Right on 11th
- Take a Left back on to F and go back!
- Finish at the start point
Please use the free parking garage listed on the race map located south of C Street between 9th and 10th.
OPTIONAL ADD-ON SHIRT
We make all our shirts to look like something you’d want to wear out with your friends- not just some throw-away race shirt! Order your shirt by February 17th for only $12! Shirts are $20 on race day until we sell out!
Our 2017 Shirts!
THE SONS & DAUGHTERS OF ERIN, Reno/Sparks Chapter. The Sons and Daughters of Erin is an Irish heritage organization with charitable, educational, historic, and patriotic goals.
- To revive, foster and promote Irish cultural events, interests, and sentiments.
- To collect and preserve Irish cultural traditions relating to any of the Irish peoples.
- To encourage the study of the Irish language, history, literature, and music.
- To devote all net proceeds of chapter activities to charitable educational purposes.
- To generally do and perform any and all acts which may be necessary or convenient for carrying out these purposes in a non-sectarian and non political manner.
$20 Early Registration until Friday February 10th
$25 Regular Registration until March 3rd at noon
$35 At packet pickup (March 3rd, details coming soon!) and day of registration, if available. (So sign up early!)
SIGN UP A GROUP OR TEAM AND SAVE
If you have a Group or Team of 4 or more, save $5 on your registration per person!
We’re hosting our Packet Pickup at O’Skis with a SPAGHETTI FEED the night before! For only $12 a plate ($6 for kids!), you get all you can eat spaghetti and garlic bread from 5pm-8pm. Load up on complex carbs to get ready to run!
Date: Friday, March 3rd
Location: O’Ski’s Pub & Grille at 840 Victorian Ave in Sparks NV.
Event Day Packet Pickup
There will be a limited number of packets on race day so arrive early. We encourage all participants to pick up their packets the day before the race.
Race Day Schedule
- 9:30-10:30 am Last minute packet pickup & registration
- 11:00 am Race begins
- After the race stay for the after party!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Technically, you can wear whatever you want. You could even run naked if you don’t mind running from the police (don’t run naked). BUT a huge part of what makes these events awesome is your costumes! We encourage you to dress in a St. Patrick’s Day theme, however you interpret that.
CAN I WALK?
CAN I BRING MY DOG?
Yes! Your dog must be on a leash and be able to stay under control. Your dog’s actions are your responsibility. Also, check to see if the pavement is too hot for your pup’s paws!
CAN I RUN WITH A STROLLER?
Yes! You don’t have to register your child who is in a stroller. Honestly, you could put a grown person in a stroller and you wouldn’t have to register them- that’d be hilarious.
IS THIS EVENT TIMED?
This is a fun run, not a chipped/timed event.
WHERE AND WHEN IS PACKET PICKUP?
To be announced!
CAN I PICK UP MY FRIEND’S PACKET?
You may pickup your friends race kits! You will need to make sure to bring a copy of their registration.
*Please note that we will be having Packet Pickup on race day but strongly encourage you to come the day before so you can avoid long lines.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
– Government issued ID if you plan to drink
– Cash for concessions and other merchandise.
– A copy of your registration. You may print or show an electronic copy!
– Spectators are welcome